1to1’s Physiotherapists can assist with improving functional independence, gross motor development, prevention and management of pain, prevention of physical impairments and disabilities and in general promote fitness, health and wellness.
Where can I get help from a 1to1 therapist?
1to1 offers private Physiotherapy in the home, community and at our clinics, located in Richmond Hill, Markham and Toronto.
Who are 1to1’s Physiotherapists?
1to1’s physiotherapists are very experienced and knowledgeable. With physiotherapists that provide support in 21 languages, our therapists are able to meet the unique and varied needs of our clients. We make a priority for our therapists to be current with new training and techniques. Some of our therapists training and education include:
- Cuevas MEDEK Exercise Programs
- Gait retraining, often using walking devices such as walkers and crutches
- Strengthening and therapeutic exercise programs
- Balance retraining
- General conditioning regimes
- Mobility and flexibility improvement
- Improvements in muscle imbalances and alignment
- Neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT)
- Play and position-based therapy
- Exercise prescription and progression
What is a physiotherapist?
- A professional with a bachelor or master’s degree in Physiotherapy. They are trained in identifying and addressing issues that interfere with a patient’s ability to move independently and functionally.
- Trained to complete both standardized and informal assessments in a variety of areas including gross motor development, posture, movement, strength, endurance, balance or coordination deficits whether the cause is orthopedic, neurological, cardiovascular or even unknown.
- Trained to develop and deliver evidence-based intervention plans through direct intervention and consultation with parents, professionals, classroom and resource teachers. Physiotherapists at 1to1 Therapy Services are also trained and experienced in prescribing adaptive/assistive equipment to achieve independent gross motor function.
Why is physiotherapy important?
- Early intervention is recommended to ensure that your child begins to reach his/her potential of independent and quality mobility as soon as possible.
- Children (infants, pre-school and school-aged) are developing crucial life skills they will require for years to come. These skills are all profoundly impacted by mobility, including independence, exploration, recreation and social skills. Physiotherapy enables children to become more independent and confident in these areas.
- Children are at risk of being teased and self-esteem/inclusion issues, which may affect social and academic participation.
- Adult or elderly clients may have challenges with increased pain or decreased mobility and decreased range of motion. Physiotherapists are able to provide a variety of treatments in order to return the client to optimal function or manage the trajectory of imminent decline.
What are the advantages of working with a physiotherapist?
- Remediation of a functional issue that can have a lifelong social, academic, recreational and vocational impact on a child.
- Increased confidence, self-awareness, independence and participation.
- Individualized treatment programs provided via direct instruction to infants, parents and students.
- Comprehensive assessments revealing an analysis of strengths, weaknesses and goals to achieve meaningful participation in his or her daily activities.
- Consultation with daycare, classroom and resource teachers if necessary.
- Decrease risk of falls in adult or elderly clients
- Increase mobility
- Increase range of motion in extremities
- Treat increased pain