1to1 Rehab has a core strength in Speech Language Pathology. 1to1 expanded this niche area of rehabilitation services with collaboration and integration of communication, feeding and function with dietitians, occupational therapists, psychologists and behaviour therapists. 1to1 has had contracts for Speech Therapy with the Ministry of Health Home Care and Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services for over 20 years.
1to1’s Speech Therapists treat communication and swallowing disorders for people of all ages: infants, preschoolers, school aged children, youth, adults, older adults and seniors
1to1 Speech Therapists consult with Health Care Teams, Long Term Care Facilities, Retirement Communities, Group Homes, Hospitals and Community Partners regarding strategies for feeding, diet modification, communication, and cognition.
1to1 Speech Therapists and Communication Disorder Assistants offer integrated therapy programs for Stroke, Aphasia, Motor Speech, Memory and Cognitive Communication and Feeding under Community Partner Initiatives, Home Care Therapy, and staff replacement.
1to1’s Speech-Language Therapists can assist with:
- Feeding and Swallowing, Dysphagia
- Speech & Oral Motor Skills (Speech Sounds, Articulation, Apraxia, Dysarthria, Muscle Coordination/ Compensation)
- Stuttering, Fluency, Flow of Speech
- Language: Receptive and Expressive Language, Understanding and Expression, Developmental Language Disorder, Vocabulary, Word Finding, Narratives
- Social Communication, Communication Interaction, Turn Taking, Autism Spectrum Disorder ASD
- Acquired Communication Disorders including Aphasia, Stroke, Brain Injury ABI, Parkinson’s and Head Neck Cancers
- Cognitive Communication, Memory, Organizational Skills, Problem Solving, Dementia
- Learning Disabilities: Dyslexia, Reading, Writing, Phonological Awareness, Spelling, Literacy
- Voice disorders: hoarseness, resonance, nasality
- Augmentative Communication (AAC) & Assistive Device Support
Where can I get help from a 1to1 Speech Therapist?
1to1 offers Speech Therapy in the home and community in York Region, Peel, Durham, South Simcoe and Toronto (Greater Toronto Area).
Public Funding and private funding options are offered.
- Therapy for Individuals
- Collaboration with Families & Support Personnel
- Teamwork for Integrated Interdisciplinary Care
- Training for Caregivers, Assistants and Family
- Service to Facilities
- Staff Replacement
1to1 Therapy Services offers private therapy for clients and families. 1to1 Speech Therapists are available throughout the Greater Toronto Area. No referral is needed and visits can take place either at our clinic in Markham, in home or in a variety of community settings.
1to1 Autism Therapy specializes in the treatment of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder with an integrated team approach: behaviour therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy collaborating with parents as partners.
Who are 1to1’s Speech Language Pathologists?
1to1’s therapists are well trained and experienced in a wide variety of skills. 1to1’s Speech Language Pathologists are capable of providing support in 21 languages in order to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Speech Language Pathology is a progressive field. 1to1 speech language pathologists are always seeking new credentials, experience and training to be able to provide therapy of the highest caliber.
Areas of training and experienced clinical practice include:
- ABI (Acquired Brain Injury)
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Apraxia of Speech
- HANEN – More Than Words, It Takes Two to Talk, TalkAbility
- Fluency Therapy including LIDCOMBE
- PROMPT (for Motor Speech Disorders)
- Social Thinking
- Augmentative Communication
- Cognitive Training
- Dysphagia, Safe Swallowing, Feeding, Diet Modification
- Pediatric Feeding Therapy, Tube feeding transitions, Picky Eating
- Developmental Delay
- LSVT – Parkinsons – big & loud
What is a Speech-Language Pathologist?
- 1to1’s Speech Language Pathologists are Regulated Health Professionals with a Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology, members of the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathology of Ontario CASLPO.
- Trained to complete standardized and informal assessments.
- Trained to develop/deliver evidence-based intervention plans through direct intervention and collaboration with families, professionals and interdisciplinary teams.
What is a Communication Disorders Assistant?
- Our Communication Disorders Assistants are trained health professionals with a university degree who have completed additional diploma training as a Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) from a specialized post-secondary course. 1to1’s CDAs are valuable members of the speech language team who are trained to carry out speech, language and communication therapy.
- Supervised by Speech Language Pathologists in accordance with the Regulated Health Professions Act in Ontario.