1to1’s Occupational Therapists offer assessment and intervention for functional activities and adaptation for self-care, productivity and leisure. Our OTs treat clients of all ages: infants, children, adults and seniors.
1to1 has experience providing Occupational Therapy in homes, community, schools and facilities with Ministry of Health LHINs, Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and private therapy.
1to1 Occupational Therapists offer strategies for Activities of Daily Living (ADL), home safety, and accessibility for people of all ages: infants, preschoolers, school aged children, youth, adults, older adults and seniors.
1to1 OTs offer therapy to support coordination, balance, fine motor control and sensory processing, organization skills, executive functioning, and mental well-being.
1to1 OTs offer adaptability options for wheelchair, seating, home independence including equipment trial & assistive devices. They can assist with equipment such as grab bars, ramps and chair lifts as well as customized rooms in the home facility and modification of equipment in work or education environments.
1to1 Occupational Therapists consult with Health Care Teams, Long Term Care Facilities, Retirement Communities, Group Homes, Hospitals and Community Partners regarding strategies for home safety, environment accessibility, cognitive organization and functional activity programming.
1to1 Occupational Therapists and Therapy Assistants offer integrated therapy programs for Stroke, Mobility, Life Skills and Functional Activities under Community Partner Initiatives, Ministry of Health LHIN and Health Care Teams, MCCSS School Based Rehabilitation Services and staff replacement.
Where can I get help from a 1to1 Occupational Therapist?
1to1 offers Occupational Therapy in the home and community in York Region, the Greater Toronto Area and at our clinic located in Markham.
Public and private funding options are offered.
- Therapy for Individuals
- Collaboration with Families & Support Personnel
- Teamwork for Integrated Interdisciplinary Care
- Service to Facilities
- Training of Personal Support Workers (PSW), Caregivers & Assistants
1to1 Therapy Services offers private therapy for clients and families. No referral is needed and visits can take place either at our clinic, in home or in a variety of community settings.
1to1 Autism Therapy offers occupational therapy as part of an integrated team supporting children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Who are 1to1’s Occupational Therapists?
1to1 offers highly qualified Occupational Therapists by ensuring training and education is current and cutting edge. 1to1 Occupational Therapists provide support in a number of languages.
Areas of training and experienced clinical practice include:
- ADP (Assistive Device Program)
- ADL Activities Daily Living
- Mental Health
- Sensory Integration
- Neurodevelopmental Training (NDT)
- Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Pediatric Feeding Therapy
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Social Thinking
- Handwriting, Computer Access
- Executive Function, Self-Regulation
What is an Occupational Therapist?
- 1to1’s Occupational Therapists are Regulated Health Professionals with a Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy, members of the College of Occupation Therapy of Ontario COTO.
- Trained in identifying and addressing issues that interfere with a client’s ability to perform activities that are important to day-to-day life.
- Trained to complete both standardized and informal assessments in a variety of areas, including fine motor and gross motor skills, cognitive and organization issues and sensory processing.
- Trained to develop and deliver evidence-based intervention plans through direct intervention and consultation with family, professionals and interdisciplinary team members.
What is an Occupational Therapy Assistant?
- Occupational Therapy Assistants are trained health professionals with diploma certificates as Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy Assistants. Our Therapy Assistants have community experience and therapy skills working under supervised practice with registered Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. Therapy Assistants assist with implementation of exercises and activities to support ongoing Care Plans.
Why is Occupational Therapy Important?
- 1to1’s OT Function Ability Assessment guides care planning and goal achievement
- Early Intervention is optimal for development & remediation of life skills.
- Home Independence, Home Safety Checks
- Home safety modifications including:
- Grab bars
- Stair lifts
- Bed rails
- Assistive Devices
- Wheelchair/walker and seating assessments
- Support for self-care, productivity and leisure allows independence and choice.
- Activities of Daily Living skills build self-assurance, and well-being
- Participation in social, academic and community enhances interest, and self esteem
What are the Advantages of Occupational Therapy?
- Remediation of Function Abilities for lifelong social, academic and vocational impact.
- Treatment following injury, stroke, physical or medical difficulties to regain skills for physical and sensory function, activities of daily living, cognitive organization, and mental health.
- Comprehensive assessments reveal strengths and weaknesses in the physical, cognitive, social and emotional components that contribute to an individual’s ability to meaningfully participate in daily activities.
- Individualized treatment programs provided via direct instruction.
- Consultation with the Family, Team Members, Support Personnel, Teachers.
- Occupational therapy goals incorporated into the Care Plan, Vocational Plan or Curriculum.
- Therapy for Coordination, Developmental Skills, Function & Activities of Daily Living
- Strategies for Executive Functioning, Self-Regulation, Organization
- Enhanced confidence, self-awareness and participation.
- Coordination and training for assistive devices
- Access of Funding for equipment
- Training for family, caregivers and support personnel for home safety, home programming, physical and functional care