Mission: One to One Individualized Care
Vision: Improving Quality of Life Through Quality of Care
1to1’s Strategic Goals:
- Better Practices, Promoting Health and Safety
- Advanced Services, Community Outreach
- Improved Client and Family Experience
- Quality Care Enhancement
1to1 is committed to providing individualized care that is both accessible and inclusive of the client and family. We strive to achieve the highest quality care through interdisciplinary teams with the experience, compassion and motivation to make a measurable difference in the lives of our clients. 1to1 links with community partners and advocacy groups for innovative initiatives.
1to1 is committed to distinction and continuous improvement, strengthening capacities with executive leadership, outreach, clinical excellence and stewardship.
- Home and Community Based Therapy
- School Based Rehabilitation Services
- 1to1’s Interdisciplinary team: Speech Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Registered Dietitians
- Serving Toronto, York Region, Peel, Mississauga, Durham, South Simcoe
- Therapy for Infants, Children, Adults, Older Adults, Seniors
- Collaborative Client Centred Care, Support for Families
- Quality Evidence Based Therapy, Innovation
- Best Practices for physical, functional, sensory and communication goals
- Collaboration with Schools, Community Partners
- School care for speech and language, fluency, voice, occupational therapy, physical functioning, sensory regulation
- Integrated Health Care & Programs including Stroke, COPD, Multiple Sclerosis, Aphasia, Parkinson’s, Brain Injury, Dementia, Hip Knee Replacement, Dysphagia, Feeding Swallowing and Nutrition
- Responsive to Diversity, Equal Opportunity to Access Quality Therapy
- Cultural Sensitivity -Striving to attract experienced service providers responsive to community needs, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Quality Education & Recruitment
- Striving to attract and maintain therapists with experience and clinical excellence, ongoing education opportunities and clinical mentoring
- Committed to mentorships for new graduates, continued learning
- Committed to teaching: Affiliation with University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario, McMaster University Student placements arranged with universities, community colleges Ontario, nationally across Canada and internationally with USA, Australian universities
1to1 Rehab is a Canadian family-owned business, founded in 1999.
1to1 Therapy Services behavioural health clinic and services primarily for Autism was acquired by Monarch House July 1st, 2022.
Founder and Speech-Language Pathologist, Stephanie Hayes, has over 40 years’ experience providing therapy services. She is a fierce advocate for people with exceptionalities and mentorship of clinical skills.
Alison Turner is 1to1’s Chief Clinical Officer. She is a second-generation Speech-Language Pathologist. Alison has coordinated interdisciplinary services and spearheaded speech language therapy, behaviour intervention and autism services with 1to1 since 2011.
Jay Turner is 1to1’s Chief Operations Officer and has been quarterbacking operations at 1to1 since 2010.
1to1 Rehab’s team includes approximately 200 employees and contracted therapists including Speech Language Pathologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Dietitians as well as Physical and Occupational Therapy Assistants and Communication Disorders Assistants.
What sets 1to1 Rehab apart?
1to1 Rehab is committed to excellence and continuous improvement. We value the special expertise of our rehabilitation service providers in providing quality treatment for clients.
1to1 Rehab endeavours to attract and maintain therapists with experience and clinical excellence and we have an educational plan which fosters quality service provision. We pursue ongoing education opportunities and clinical mentoring.
1to1 Rehab is actively involved in developing new methodology and treatment for physical, functional, sensory and communication disorders. We emphasize community based therapy, and equal opportunity access to excellent quality service.
2. Cultural and Linguistic Diversity
We strive to attract experienced service providers that are able to respond to community needs for the variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and by offering services in over 21 languages.
Our therapists actively advocate for their clients’ needs. We have developed a Client Service Policies and Procedures document that includes a clients’ bill of rights, client consents, and addresses multicultural and multilingual services. Through their clients and families and other community associations, 1to1 has extensive links with community advocacy groups.
1to1 Rehab ‘s treatment is based on specific goals for the individual client and progress is tracked to give measured outcomes. 1to1 Rehab is committed to quality care for clients. 1to1 continually analyzes data and makes quality improvements for achieving goals and objectives for client care services, professional standards, administrative and financial efficiency, risk management, technological support, and collaboration with community partners.
We have developed a comprehensive risk management program that address the identification, reduction and elimination of risks for clients and service providers. Our service providers are given education support for risk identification and reduction and actively work to reduce the risks that their clients face while maintaining the strictest respect for our comprehensive policies and procedures dealing with privacy, consents and confidentiality, written and verbal reports and complaints. 1to1 Rehab is accredited rehabilitation provider by CARF.
1to1 Rehab has strategic partnerships and is able to strategically pivot and align to the changing health care landscape in Ontario. 1to1 has partnered with hospitals, long term care facilities, school boards, children’s treatment centres and the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) for multi-disciplinary health care teams.